R&D stakeholders to convene on issues and recommendations for Philippine R&D management.
The Commission on Higher Education through its Philippine-California Advanced Research Institutes (PCARI) Project presents the PCARI International Seminar-Workshop on Laying the Foundation for the Future of Research and Development in the Philippines slated on March 23-24 in Metro Manila, Philippines. It has the objective of identifying common issues and challenges in R&D management, and producing a unified set of recommendations to lead the country’s productivity in research and innovation.
Over 200 research and development leaders from government, academe, foreign agencies, and non-government organizations across the country are expected to gather at the seminar-workshop including research management and administration experts from PCARI collaborating institution University of California (UC) Berkeley.
Plenary and parallel sessions shall tackle common R&D issues and challenges, including research project pre-approval processes, project implementation, intellectual property, and scholarship concerns. This 2-day event will be held The Peninsula Manila, Makati City.
About the CHED-PCARI Project
The Philippine-California Advanced Research Institutes (PCARI) Project is a research and development of the Commission on Higher Education approved in the General Appropriations Act of 2013. The Project is a new approach to enhance the skills and expertise of faculty, students, and staff of Philippine universities through scholarships, trainings, and research partnerships with globally highly-ranked research universities in California, USA, in the priority areas of Information Infrastructure Development (IID), and Health Innovation and Translational Medicine (HITM).
WHAT: PCARI International Seminar-Workshop on Laying Foundation for the Future of Research and Development in the Philippines
WHEN: March 23-24, 2017
WHERE: The Peninsula Manila
Plenary Session (March 23)
• New Industrial Policy by the Department of Trade and Industry
• Mechanisms for Sustaining Talent in Science and Technology by Mapua Institute of Technology
• The Philippine Technology Transfer Act (RA 10055) by the Department of Science and Technology
• Revisions in the Procurement Process for R&D by the Government Procurement Policy Board
• Research Administration at the University of California Berkeley by University of California Berkeley
• The University of the Philippines Model for Research and Development by University of the Philippines Manila
• R&D and the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines by the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines
• Impact Assessment by the Philippine Institute for Development Studies
Workshop Parallel Sessions (March 24)
• Project Pre-award Processes: Project Generation, Evaluation, and Approval
• Implementation: Release of Funds, Budget Adjustments, and Payment Process Flow; Procurement Processes; Revised Implementing Rules and Regulation of the Government Procurement Law; Monitoring
• Intellectual Property Rights: Inventorship and Ownership in Joint Projects, Revenue Retention under the Philippine Technology Transfer Act, Cost Revenue Sharing
• Scholarship Concerns
Workshop parallel sessions are interactive discussions among participants on common challenges and unified initiatives. Results of the parallel sessions will be presented to the body during the Closing Plenary and Fellowship Dinner on March 24.
For more information, contact
Fernandez E: email@example.com T: (02) 352-559