Primarily in-charge of the enhancement of program quality and standards; the development of corresponding policy guidelines; and the achievement of transparency, accountability, expediency and integrity in the formulation and enforcement of PSGs, the Office of Programs and Standards Development (OPSD) has three (3) Divisions: the Programs Development Division, the Standards Development Division, and the Non-Conventional Higher Education Programs Division :
(1) Programs Development Division
- Assists the Commission in the formulation of academic programs in higher education and in determining the participation of individuals or HEIs in international academic programs;
- Evaluates and synthesizes the results of program evaluation in aid of policy formulation and development;
- Recommends to the Commission the composition of Technical Panels, Committees and Task Forces and provides technical support for their operation;
- Develops and evaluates programs and projects in accordance with developed and established standards; and
- Assists in the identification of and support for Centers of Excellence and Centers of Development in various academic programs.
(2) Standards Development Division
- Assists the Commission in the setting/revision of policies, standards and guidelines for higher education programs;
- Develops the system, criteria, instruments and procedures for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of policies, standards and guidelines;
- Assists the Commission in the formulation of criteria and identification of potential Centers of Excellence and Centers of Development in various academic programs;
- Provides technical assistance to the Regional Offices in the performance of their pertinent functions; and
- Reviews applications for authority to operate higher education programs for approval of the Commission; and Coordinates and collaborates with the Office of Planning, Research, and Knowledge Management (OPRKM) for data collection and banking of performance of graduates in the different licensure examinations.
(3) Non-Conventional Higher Education Programs Division
- Assists the Commission in the formulation, revision and amendment of policies, standards and guidelines for the implementation of the non-conventional higher education programs;
- Enforces policies, standards, and guidelines for non-conventional higher education programs;
- Links and cooperates with appropriate agencies, industries, professional associations and institutions, and local and international accrediting bodies for the promotion, maintenance of standards and, local and global social acceptance;
- Recommends the deputization of higher education institutions which may conduct equivalency assessments, develop assessment instruments, provide academic supplementation and/or award degrees within their area of competence or specialization;
- Establishes equivalency and accreditation mechanism for the college degree programs within the National Qualifications Framework; and
- Coordinates the training of HEI faculty in human resource training, and development of prior learning accreditation and assessment of learning experiences.
Office of the Director
4th Floor, Higher Education Development Center (HEDC) Bldg.
Carlos P. Garcia Avenue, U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City