Primarily mandated to bring about an expanded and enhanced career and life opportunities for students, in line with the Constitutional provision on the “vital role of the youth in nation building; the promotion of and protection of their physical, moral, spiritual, intellectual, and social well-being as well as the inculcation of patriotism, nationalism and encouragement of their involvement in public and civic affairs”, the Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS)has the following mandates :
In terms of policy, program development and technical assistance:
- Directs, in coordination with stakeholders and other CHED units, the conduct of research and studies that lead to policies, plans, programs, guidelines and procedures relative to the relevant student development and services programs;
- Provides technical assistance to CHEDROs, HEIs and other concerned agencies in the development of guidelines for various student development and services; and
- Establishes and maintains linkages with government and non-government agencies and organizations on matters pertaining to student development and services
For monitoring and evaluation:
- Develops criteria and instruments for monitoring and evaluating student development and services’ program administration and implementation, in coordination with other agencies and concerned CHED units; and
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation and outcomes of student development and services programs in the CHEDROs and HEIs.
In line with student development and services information system:
- Enhances and maintains student development and services information system in collaboration with the OSDS;
- Adopts systematic filing, storing, retrieval and reproduction of data/information and other relevant documents;
- Gathers, collates and analyze disaggregated data on clientele profile and other information;
- Prepares, maintains and updates databases for the special clienteles of special programs and initiatives and of overseas students; and
- Ensures the safety and security of the OSDS information system.
For program advocacy:
- Prepares the advocacy plan for implementation;
- Prepares and packages information materials pertaining to policies and programs relative to the works of the Divisions for wider dissemination and advocacy; and
- Assists other government agencies in information materials development and dissemination that deal with student welfare and development.
Office of the Director
DR. MARIVIC V. IRIBERRI
Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS)
3rd Floor, Higher Education Development Center (HEDC) Bldg.
Carlos P. Garcia Avenue, U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City