The Commission on Higher Education (CHED), together with Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU) – Batangas and the Government and Industry Network (GAIN), will host the “Conference-Workshop on the National English Roadmap for the Philippines” on November 13-15, 2018, at The Bayleaf Hotel, Intramuros, Manila City.
CHED Chairman Dr. J. Prospero E. De Vera III, Taguig-Pateros 2nd District Representative Pia S. Cayetano, and LPU-Batangas President Dr. Peter P. Laurel will grace the opening of the 3-day workshop which aims to lay the groundwork for the creation of a National English Roadmap for the Philippines to remain globally competitive.
University presidents, English Department heads, International Relations Officers, and other representatives from the academe, industry, government agencies, and English assessment providers are expected to attend the said event.
Among the topics that will be discussed by invited experts are the following:
- Graduate competencies needed by industry in the 4th industrial revolution
- English Standards as a necessary tool for the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Major challenges of educational institutions in achieving English Proficiency and major steps take
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Resources and Programs to Improve English Proficiency in the Higher Education Institutions
Aside from laying the groundwork for the creation of a National English Roadmap, the Conference-Workshop will be a venue to align with international English standards for relevant exit points in the academe and initiate discussion on the creation of national standard for higher education English Proficiency for both teachers and students.